Reflections Art Contest
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections!
Reflections is the National PTA Program that encourages students to reflect on a specific theme and create original artwork for fun and recognition. We invite all students whose families are members of our PTA to participate in this opportunity to showcase their creative talents.
This year's theme is "I am Hopeful Because..." Students can participate in the appropriate division for their grade: Primary (Pre-K - Grade 2), Intermediate (Grade 3-5), Middle School (Grades 6-8), Special Artist (All grades welcome).* Entries can be in one or all of the available categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts. The deadline to enter for 2023-2024 is October 27, 2023.
For inspiration, visit the pta.org/programs/reflections and the Reflections virtual art gallery.
REFLECTIONS 2023-2024: How to Enter
- Pick a category for your artwork.
- Create your art and make sure you follow the requirements for that category. Click here for official rules: category rules
- Complete the CRS PTA student entry form including careful consideration of the artwork title and artist statement. The entry form must accompany all Reflections submissions. Each submission requires a separate entry form. Students in grades K-2 compete in the Primary Division, grades 3-5 compete in the Intermediate Division, 6th grade competes in the Middle School Division, and Special Artist* can be from any grade. *Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities.
- Submit your digital entries via the provided Dropbox links below. For non-digital entries, email the completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate when the submission will be delivered to the CRS front office. Both entry form and submission should be delivered to the CRS front office.
- Please note that your family must be CRS PTA members to participate.
Dropbox Links to Submit by Category and Directions for Naming your Files:
- Fill out the CRS PTA student entry form and save using the following format:student last name.first name.school.category.age division."entryform"
- ex: Smith.Joseph.HayfieldSS.literature.highschool.entryform
- Save the file of the actual entries/works of art/lit/music, etc. using the following format: student last name.first name.school.category.age division."artwork"
- ex: Smith.Joseph.HayfieldSS.visualarts.highschool.artwork
- Submit both entry form and artwork to the dropbox for the appropriate category.
During the evaluation process, judges will consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist's statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
All CRS participants will be recognized. CRS PTA Reflections winners will be announced November 10, 2023. Student winners from the local level have the opportunity to move up through their council (Fairfax County Council of PTAs), district, and state programs to the national level. Learn more about the national PTA Reflections awards.
Questions? Please email our email@example.com.
The deadline to enter for 2023-2024 is October 27, 2023.